Attention new vehicle dealer managers! If you have maintenance problems with door chips or are concerned about your staff or customers opening your vehicle inventory doors in tight parking spaces that end up chipping the edge of the doors, our 100 ft roll of our Invisible Door Edge Guard is perfect for you! This roll of transparent door edge protective film roll is designed to protect the edges of doors from being opened into other vehicles, walls, or other objects that may cause door edge chipping. Completely invisible after proper installation. An excellent sales add-on too!
Our door edge guard roll is a transparent protective film made from a strong, yet invisible 8 mil poly-urethane film with a durable adhesive backing. Super easy peel and stick installation for your staff to quickly install on all new and used inventory. In this kit you will receive a 1/2" x 100' length roll. This bulk roll is long enough to protect up to 50 doors! Just measure the door edge, trim that length from the roll, clean the door edge surface, then peel and stick! We even provide a 5-year product guarantee.
Of all the paint protection products, this has got to be the easiest one to install. Just make sure you do some prep before applying.
1) clean the door edge with your choice of non-solvent cleaner. I used a water diluted rubbing alcohol solution.
2) touch up any paint chips. Remember this unless you want to seal these imperfections under the clear guard.
3) install in a fairly mild environment, meaning not when its freezing or +90f outside. You want the adhesive to stick but not too sticky.
4) measure out the desired length and cut it with any sharp scissors. Remove any of those pesky strands left over from the manufacturing process. When you a roll in your hands, you'll know what I'm talking about.
5) having a stool or one of those mechanic rolling chairs can help make this easier.
6) peel back the clear top protector sheet and then about an inch of the the white backing strip leaving the rest on. Starting at the top edge of your door, tack down about 2/3rd of the protector on the outside top corner. If you are happy with the placement, hold down the just tacked down corner and with firm (not stretching) pulling pressure to guide down the protector maintaining a similar width as you follow the curve of the door edge. To make the straight edge of the protector curve, pull slightly harder as you round the curves. Press the outside edge with your fingers as you move down. Don't rush, and inch or so at a time to press out any air bubbles as you go.
7)I left the inside NOT pressed down yet and let me explain why. When you eventually reach a rolled or formed edge that isn't relatively flat, you have to pull down slightly harder to guide and stretch the protector on the outside around the edge so that it will sit flat over the bump. This will cause the inside part of the protector to kind of fold in, so keep a watch on that and have a small screw driver handy to keep the protector from sticking to itself.
8) when I reached about 6-8" of the outside tacked down, I used my thumbs to "roll" the edges to the inside, making sure to press out any trapped air before pressing down the inside flat part of the protector.
9) wipe down your door edge guard when done and step back and be proud of your work!
2016 BMW X1. Excellent product. I would recommend this product without hesitation. I am extremely happy with the purchase. Did not have to wait a long time to receive.
Better than 3m hands down!
I love buying these they are a perfect size for every car and you can make them long as you want to small I did 19 small SUV and small cars for a dealership with one roll only thing I don't like about them is they have a lot of extra glue on the edge so before you use them take some take to the side of the roll like you would do if you was trying to get hair off you shirt other than that they are great &#128077;
Roll is there in a nice packaging , havent use it yet